Nothing can wreak havoc in your home and life like a raging storm. It comes without a trailer and sweeps all the joy away.
Both you and your home are prone to great dangers during the hurricane season. You need to be well prepared even before the Calm before the storm.
Storms can severely damage your property and leave it beyond repair, especially when the damage is to the roof. You can have Service interruption and repair costs which would go in millions of dollars.
Heavy rains during a storm can damage the pitch of your roof and the gutter system which may lead to seepage of the stormwater into your living space causing water damage and consequently causing the formation of mold and mildew. Some common sliding storm damages include chips and cracks that are easily seen as well as damage that is more difficult to spot. There also could be the event of mold or rot easily setting in because of these storms.
What makes storms the most difficult to deal with is that it not only damages the exterior of your home, like the destruction caused to the doors and windows, but it also invades your home and destroys the furniture, electric appliances etc. endangering your property and your health.
Though storms are incredibly destructive, homeowners usually get warning signs much before a hurricane or storm hits their area. These storms can result in damages capable of reducing your roof’s lifespan by up to 15 years or even more. If you think about it wisely, the sooner you get your roof and other things repaired, the less it will cost you and the less it will be damaging for your health and wealth.
Here are a few things that you can do to protect yourself and your residential or commercial property when the calamity strikes.
- Make your roof damage-proof: The main aspect of protecting your house is to make the roof of your house damage proof. It is the roof of your house that provides the first line of defense against all sorts of elements. This can be done by several ways like, installing drip edges, reinforcing the ridges, wind-resistant shingles, or starter strips. These might look like fancy and weird words, but these are highly effective to help prevent the roof being damaged. Drip edges help prevent rainwater intrusion at the roof’s edge. Most of the time it will be installed while your house was constructed but if it was not, you need to install the same. You should also look to upgrade the roof with wind-resistant shingles.
- Install hurricane shutters: As the name suggests, hurricane or storm shutters act as a barrier against wind, protecting windows and preventing flying debris, rain, hail, and damaging wind from entering your house. These are built to withstand forceful winds that can impact windows. They are durable and will not warp when hit by any sort of element. Why you should select shutters rather than say boards for that matter is that shutters not only look nicer, but they are stronger and more dependable as well. In short, Shutters are better worth the investment.
- Keep your valuables safe: This is one aspect you should keep in mind with or without the occurrence or thought of a storm. Valuables in your house can be of any shape, form, or size. Valuables also are not only something only thought about in terms of money, but it also is thought about in terms of emotions, feelings. You would not want to lose anything especially your valuables to storms.
- Trim the trees: This may sound controversial but trimming trees will help in withering the storm. Now here we will not be removing the tree completely but would just prune it to the extent that it would not damage anything else. Now this will give a lot of benefits namely, pruning will improve the overall health of the trees. It will also help keep you and your family members safe and secure. You wouldn’t want to be affected by your tree falling onto your house or at a place where you would get hurt or damage of any kind. There could be instances where the branch from the tree would lay hanging and it could anytime fall on anyone or anything.
- Have a standby source of power: One aspect which you should look upon is that you should have a standby source of power. These days it has become a thing to always be ready for backup in any situation or circumstance. One should think about it with respect to power supply as well. Well, think about it, there will be a high chance of you risking your life and that of your family members if there is no power supply in your house when storms hit your home. What if something major happens? It all could be easily avoided by one way at least. Have a reliable source of power backup so that it helps you to have something right even when it doesn’t feel right.
- You should also ensure your rain gutters and downspouts are clear of any leaves or debris that can exist anywhere near it. In the worst of floods or damages, there should be adequate drainage so that unnecessary structural damage may not happen.
- Whenever you feel there could be a storm coming in, you should first unplug small appliances. You might think what worst could happen right? Well, these small appliances really will get the spark and get damaged more easily than the bigger appliances. Hence to preserve the total electricity, you should try and keep it as safe as possible.
Now you might think that these are enough to avoid damages that could happen when there are chances of storm brewing?
If you are thinking so, then you need to reconsider, as the damage caused by a storm or hurricane may be worse than what you had imagined it would be. Therefore, you need the services from our “emergency water cleanup” company.
Storm damage restoration is the most common and more effective measure to reinstate your damaged property. It refers to the aspect of cleaning, repairing, and replacing property damaged by severe weather. You may need a professional to help you in any of such situations when it arises. Our services are always and readily available even in emergencies and they can deal with any sort of situation caused by the storm. The extent of the damage varies and often are very unexpected which would need expert and professional help.
First, our company Emergency Water Cleanup storm damage restoration service will send an emergency unit to take care of any immediate dangerous situations or conditions that could arise in the area affected. We will provide action appropriate for the type and kind of damage that has occurred. You may wonder what exactly we can do? Well, we can handle any damage due to severe weather like thunderstorms, lightning strikes, tornadoes and high winds, hail, and ice storms etc. Though the devastating effects of severe weather are profound we are adept in dealing with them.
Another major aspect of this is that there will be the need for insurance to claim for the damage and have maximum coverage. The aspect of insurance brings about relief to you when you would have to face the storm and its impact. To avail the same, you should fill the claim form and after filing the same, we will be overseeing the necessary communication and coordination required with the Insurance company on your behalf. Thus, it is also particularly important to have Insurance coverage when such events occur.
Now if you think about the extent of damage the storm could cause not only to the exterior part of your house but also the interior part of your house. Such damage would be difficult to bear if you don’t have the right method to protect it. One thing is that not only the materials and items inside your house will be damaged but the power supply within will also be affected. Once the condition inside the house is considered safe by us, we will work on restoring power and once the power has been restored, it becomes extremely easy for us to start the repair and rebuilding work.
So, when the interior work needs to be done, the first aspect is that of removing all the personal properties. All the personal properties, whether damaged or not, will need to be inspected and removed in the right manner and order. We will then dispose of the property which cannot be salvaged including the damaged appliances and mechanical equipment. We will then clean and restore them and keep them safe in an area until the repairs to the structure are completed.
When you would want to look around for storm damage repair companies, you would have a lot of options but by choosing our company you will be making the wisest decision as our staff are experienced in handling restoration projects after a storm or hurricane. During such desperate times, you deserve mental peace and by choosing us you can forget about the damage and go about with your day, as we will get the work done smoothly. We promise a hassle-free experience at Emergency Water Cleanup.
There would be a lot of advantages for you if you go about implementing this idea of choosing us. As you know, our company is not only extremely skilled in recognizing storm damages of all sorts, but we also have a strong working relationship with all insurance companies, as well as other regional companies. Since we have the vast and necessary knowledge and experience, we are the right people to do your job. Wouldn’t you want someone giving you the right treatment and repairs in the right manner? Surely you do. Because the right measure taken at the right time is extremely critical for the complete restoration. Since you wouldn’t be able to detect how much damage your house has sustained, this task will be carried out very well and precisely by our company. We will check and detect the storm-related damages and prevent any further damages and leakage if they persist.
Not only are our services top-notch, but we also offer free inspections. Additionally, we promise to make the insurance process stress-free and limited in its procedure.
Our company cares for our clients in distress; hence we provide the best quality workmanship and quick and easy work process. You would want the basic elements of Quality, Peace of mind and Accurate and clear assistance in your repair process, don’t you?
To make the best use of our services you should not wait for an extended period to report any sort of damage as we would want you to report the same at the earliest so that our work and yours as well, would be resolved at the earliest without much trouble. Our company not only helps you in repairing the damage, but we will also suggest to you the resale value of the property if the damage caused is not in our hands to be repaired. So, we perform this dual responsibility quite well.
The good thing for you is that “Emergency Water Cleanup Services” are available round the clock. Yes, you got it right, you can contact us at any moment. We will respond to your distressing situation as soon as it is safe to do so.
Here are some of the things that will be done for the water damage restoration process:
- Implementation of advanced structural drying to dry all substrates simultaneously. This will be accomplished by using the present state of the art technology, equipment and techniques which are developed over years of experience.
- Also accelerate evaporation of wet substrates by using air moving equipment.
- Moisture mapping to discover the hidden portion of moisture leading to molds in the future. If they find it now, that will save you a lot of cost and time and prevent your damaged property from facing any type of secondary damage.
We hope that the above information helps you to make the right decision of calling “Emergency Water cleanup Services” without wasting any time. Storm damage restoration not only is crucial for all houses and other places near you, but it will help the nation. Natural calamities are uncalled for and if we do not stay ready and focused, we may not have a house to stay in after all.
If you want you and your family to stay happy and safe, it’s advisable to implement the right tools at your disposal and if that still doesn’t help, you should call emergency water cleanup services soon so that the damage to your property may be minimal and we will be able to salvage your home and its items from the water damage caused by the storm.
Do not wait for a calamity to strike. Be prepared and follow the steps given in this article to make your restoration process efficient and effective.